TURNER, TEXAS. Turner, north of Interstate 20 nine miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 and a church, a cemetery, a school, a business, and scattered dwellings in 1936. By 1981 state highway maps noted only the church at the townsite. Allen Cemetery, named for William J. Allen, is located on the Oscar David Martin farm within a mile of Turner.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "TURNER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt57), accessed December 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.