TIGER MILL, TX
TIGER MILL, TEXAS. Tiger Mill was near present Farm Road 2147 twenty miles southwest of Burnet in southwestern Burnet County. It took its name from the steam mill that Conrad Fuchs operated at the head of nearby Tiger Creek. A post office was established at Tiger Mill in 1872 with Fuchs as postmaster. By 1884 the community had a gristmill, a sawmill, a cotton gin, and fifty residents; cotton, lumber, and shingles were the area's principal shipments. The post office was discontinued in 1901, and mail for Tiger Mill was sent to Marble Falls. By the 1940s no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "TIGER MILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrt58), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.