TODDVILLE, TEXAS. Toddville, a post office community near the site of what is now Enon and five miles northwest of Gilmer in northwestern Upshur County, was established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1871 to 1874, and during the early 1870s Toddville included a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. It apparently declined in the late 1870s, and by 1885 it was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TODDVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtek), accessed September 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.