TOMLINSON HILL, TX
TOMLINSON HILL, TEXAS. Tomlinson Hill, on State Highway 320 six miles northeast of Lott in central Falls County, was named for the James K. Tomlinson family, who moved to the area in the late 1850s. The school at Tomlinson Hill had fifty-one students in 1933. Three or four businesses, a school, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s; by the 1980s only a church and one business remained. At that time Tomlinson Hill was the site of the annual meeting of the Old Settlers and Veterans Association of Falls County. The population was sixty-four in 2000.
Falls County Historical Commission, Families of Falls County (Austin: Eakin Press, 1987). Lillian S. St. Romain, Western Falls County, Texas (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1951).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "TOMLINSON HILL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrter), accessed January 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.