TURKEY CREEK, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)
TURKEY CREEK, TEXAS (Henderson County). Turkey Creek was off Farm Road 90 twelve miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. The area was first settled before 1890. A school was operation at the site by 1906, when it had an enrollment of thirty-seven. In the 1930s the Turkey Creek community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school and church closed, and by the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TURKEY CREEK, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtpp), accessed August 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.