THORPE, TEXAS. Thorpe was eighteen miles northwest of Eldorado in northwestern Schleicher County. A post office operated there from 1907 to 1915 with William H. Williams as postmaster. Cattle raising was the primary occupation of area residents. No evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps of the 1940s.
Schleicher County Historical Society, A History of Schleicher County (San Angelo: Anchor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "THORPE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtpz), accessed August 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.