TINRAG, TEXAS. Tinrag (Tenrag) was a farming community on State Highway 11 a mile east of Gafford's Chapel and six miles west of Sulphur Springs in west central Hopkins County. It began as a flag station on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway, probably before 1900, and its name is a backwards spelling of Garnit, the name of some local farmers. In the mid-1930s Tinrag had several businesses and a number of scattered houses. Local children attended the nearby school in Gafford's Chapel. By the early 1960s only a few farmhouses remained, and by the 1980s Tinrag was no longer shown on county highway maps.
Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage. (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).