TAYLOR TOWN, TX
TAYLOR TOWN, TEXAS. Taylor Town is a farming community on Farm Road 1498 fifteen miles southeast of Paris in southeastern Lamar County. It was settled before 1900 and was evidently named for an early pioneer family. During the mid-1930s it had several stores and houses. After World War II many residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s Taylor Town no longer reported any businesses. In 1990 Taylor Town was a dispersed rural community with an estimated forty residents. The population remained the same in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TAYLOR TOWN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrttn), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.