TRINITY CITY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
TRINITY CITY, TEXAS (Navarro County). Trinity City, a short-lived settlement on the Trinity River several miles south of Taos in northeastern Navarro County, was established in the late 1840s. A town plan of 110 blocks was drawn up and registered in county records in 1848. Several lots were sold, one of them to Stephen M. Riggs, who intended to build a mill on the site. A few structures were apparently built, but the community failed to develop, and by the early 1850s it was abandoned.
Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TRINITY CITY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtxs), accessed September 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.