TURNERDALE, TEXAS. Turnerdale, south of U.S. Highway 87 in northwestern Tom Green County, was founded on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway and was named for a family of early settlers. William Turner and other members of the family settled on the south bank of the North Concho River, and Stanley Turner in 1884 raised sheep on Live Oak Creek, seven miles southwest of Water Valley. William Turner brought from England parts of a thirteenth-century stone house, which he reassembled on his property. An abandoned railroad station, mislabeled as Tunerdale on the 1936 county highway map, remains at the townsite.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "TURNERDALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtzb), accessed July 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.