TILLMAN, TEXAS. Tillman, on Farm Road 747 fourteen miles northwest of Rusk in west central Cherokee County, was probably first settled after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1888 to 1890, and at one time there were several gins and a church in the area. In the mid-1930s Tillman had a sawmill and a number of houses, but by the early 1990s only a cemetery remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "TILLMAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrtzm), accessed December 13, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.