UNION HILL, TX (TITUS COUNTY)
UNION HILL, TEXAS (Titus County). Union Hill is on Farm Road 2348 five miles southeast of Mount Pleasant in southeastern Titus County. It developed around a church and cemetery built on land donated by Alexander Tabb, who settled in the area in 1861. At its height around 1900, Union Hill had a school, a church, a cemetery, a general store, and a wagonmaker. The school was still open in 1932, with three teachers for students in grades one through eight, but by 1962 the district had been consolidated with the Chapel Hill school district. A small store still operated at the community in 1970, but the 1984 county highway map indicated that only the church and cemetery remained.
Morris Blackard, The History of Titus County, Texas, 1929–1964 (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1964). Quasqui Centennial Committee, Titus County Celebrates 125 Years (Mount Pleasant, Texas, 1971). Traylor Russell, History of Titus County (2 vols., Waco: Morrison, 1965, 1966; rpt., n.p.: Walsworth, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "UNION HILL, TX (TITUS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hru05), accessed December 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.