UNION CHAPEL, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
UNION CHAPEL, TEXAS (Freestone County). Union Chapel is a community two miles west of Farm Road 488 and five miles north of Fairfield in central Freestone County. The Union Chapel School had seventy-one black pupils enrolled in 1893 and fifty-one in 1903. The community also had a church. In the 1930s it consisted of the school and a few scattered dwellings. By the 1960s only the church remained; it was still standing in the late 1980s.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "UNION CHAPEL, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hru09), accessed March 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.