UNION SPRINGS, TX
UNION SPRINGS, TEXAS. Union Springs, a rural community on U.S. Highway 259 fourteen miles north of Nacogdoches in northern Nacogdoches County, was established after the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had sixty-three students. During the 1930s Union Springs had a school, a church, and several houses. The school was closed around the time of World War II, and in the early 1990s only the church and a few scattered houses remained. No population estimates are available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "UNION SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrugy), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.