UNION HILL, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
UNION HILL, TEXAS (Upshur County). Union Hill, a farming community at the junction of Farm roads 2088 and 2454, six miles north of Gilmer in north central Upshur County, was settled sometime before 1900. In the mid-1930s it included a school, a church, and a number of houses. Union Hill and several area schools were consolidated in 1951 to form the Union Hill Independent School District. In the mid-1960s Union Hill was the site of a large rural high school and a number of widely scattered houses. It was a dispersed rural community in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "UNION HILL, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hruun), accessed September 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.