VISTA, TEXAS. Vista, in southwestern Hamilton County, was named for Mollie Vista Mason, wife of W. T. Mason, who had a store and gin in the settlement in 1882. A post office existed from 1904 to 1909. The town had one store, a church, and a population of thirty in 1940. In the late 1980s the community was on current maps, but no population figures were available.
Hamilton County Historical Commission, A History of Hamilton County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "VISTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrv19), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.