VALMONT, TEXAS. Valmont was at a site just off present State Highway 16 and thirteen miles south of downtown San Antonio in southwestern Bexar County. The community, first settled sometime after the Civil War, was described as "a scattered neighborhood" with about 150 voters in 1894. A post office operated at the site from 1895 to 1896, when local mail was routed through Somerset. After 1900 the community was no longer shown on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "VALMONT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrvbg), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.