VILLA NUEVA (SOUTH), TX
VILLA NUEVA (SOUTH), TEXAS. Villa Nueva (South) is a colonia located off U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 3248 two miles west of Brownsville in extreme southern Cameron County. In the late 1930s a cemetery and several scattered dwellings made up the community. By 1956 a church had been established. The number of houses had increased to around sixty-three by 1983 and in 1986 there were eighty-three dwellings and an estimated population of 374 in the colonia. In 2000 the population was 402. Villa Nueva was serviced by the Military Highway Water Supply Corporation.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "VILLA NUEVA (SOUTH), TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrvkv), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.