VILLA NUEVA (NORTH), TX
VILLA NUEVA (NORTH), TEXAS. Villa Nueva (North) is a colonia on U.S. Highway 281 immediately south of San Pedro, five miles northwest of Brownsville in southern Cameron County. In the mid-1930s the community consisted of several scattered domiciles and a cemetery. By 1956 Villa Nueva had a school and about twenty-seven houses. In 1976 the colonia had thirty-four dwellings and an estimated population of 187, and no public water system was available. By 1983 the number of houses had increased to forty-eight. In 2000 the population was 374.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "VILLA NUEVA (NORTH), TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrvle), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.