WAPLES, TEXAS. Waples is on a spur off Farm Road 167 ten miles north of Granbury in eastern Hood County. Settlement of the community occurred sometime before 1900. A 1936 county map indicated more than a dozen scattered dwellings, a church, and a school in Waples. In 2000 the population was 155.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "WAPLES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw03), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.