WEST END, TX
WEST END, TEXAS. West End, a residential subdivision in Texas City also known as Kohfeldt's Addition, extended roughly from Fourteenth Street east to Tenth Street and from Eighth Avenue to Texas Avenue. The area was developed around 1900, and some of it may have been incorporated as part of Texas City in 1911. The community was first named for developer Franz Kohfeldt, later of Denison, who purchased the land. Kohfeldt donated land for a school used by Texas City Day Nursery in 1990. The section was incorporated into Texas City in 1947, but the name West End was still used in 1991.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "WEST END, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw12), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.