WHITE HALL, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
WHITE HALL, TEXAS (Coryell County). White Hall is an unincorporated rural community located in northeastern Coryell County nine miles north of Gatesville on Farm Road 215. It was named for the White and Hall families who lived in the area. A school was established at White Hall in 1890, and by the 1920s the Coryell Valley and Cave Creek schools had been consolidated with it; White Hall was in turn consolidated with the Gatesville district in 1948. The population fell from forty in the 1940s to thirty in the 1950s. A church at White Hall was still active in the 1980s, but no further population estimates were available. The community was no longer shown on county maps in 2000.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WHITE HALL, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw19), accessed January 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.