WILLOW SPRINGS, TX (SAN JACINTO COUNTY)
WILLOW SPRINGS, TEXAS (San Jacinto County). Willow Springs is on Farm Road 946 seventy miles north of Houston in central San Jacinto County. The first recorded settler was named Rush, who came around 1870. J. J. Johnson built the first store at Willow Springs in 1925. Only a few structures, including the Willow Springs lookout tower, remain at this isolated settlement.
Ruth Hansbro, History of San Jacinto County (M.A. thesis, Sam Houston State Teachers College, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "WILLOW SPRINGS, TX (SAN JACINTO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw32), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.