WADE, TEXAS. Wade was a small community located in northern Guadalupe County, four miles north of Kingsbury. A post office was in operation from 1891 to 1906. The population in 1904 was estimated at 114. By the 1940s, no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WADE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw46), accessed August 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.