WIEDEVILLE, TEXAS. Wiedeville, a mile from Farm Road 50 and five miles northeast of Brenham in central Washington County, was originally known as Wiedes Store. It flourished from the 1880s through the early twentieth century and declined during the Great Depression. The population has been predominantly German-American. Immanuel Lutheran Church is the center of community life. Wiedeville was still listed as a community in 2004, though no population figures were available.
Judy And Nath Winfield, Jr., Cemetery Records Of Washington County, 1826–1960 (Ms, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University Of Texas At Austin, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Carole E. Christian, "WIEDEVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw47), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.