WILSON CHAPEL, TX
WILSON CHAPEL, TEXAS. Wilson Chapel (Wilson's Chapel) is a church and school community in the southwest corner of Freestone County on Lynn Creek, four miles southwest of Donie. A church was organized by 1887, and the school had an enrollment of thirty-eight in 1899. The school was later moved to Donie. In the 1930s and through the 1960s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered dwellings. By the late 1980s the church and cemetery still remained at the site, but no population figures were available.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "WILSON CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw58), accessed June 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.