WISDOM TEMPLE, TX
WISDOM TEMPLE, TEXAS. Wisdom Temple was a rural community in extreme eastern Van Zandt County sixteen miles northeast of Canton near the Smith county line. It had a school in 1890, which had an enrollment of seventy-three by 1906 and was consolidated with the Van Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 Wisdom Temple had a school, a church, and scattered dwellings, but the population subsequently declined, and in 1981 only scattered dwellings and nearby Dickerson Cemetery remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "WISDOM TEMPLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw67), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.