WATTS, TEXAS. Watts was just north of Farm Road 858 fourteen miles southeast of Canton in southeast Van Zandt County. It had a school by 1890, which had forty-two white students in 1904 and thirty-seven in 1905, and another school for black students. The schools had been consolidated with the Van Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 the community had two churches, the black school, and scattered dwellings. By 1981 the town had vanished.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "WATTS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw73), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.