WILLIAM'S CHAPEL, TX
WILLIAM'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. William's Chapel, twelve miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school in 1890 that attained an enrollment of thirty-eight in 1904 and was consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 showed a church, a school, and a cemetery nearby, as well as scattered dwellings at the townsite, but the population subsequently dwindled, and by 1981 the community no longer appeared on maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "WILLIAM'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw76), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.