WEBB CHAPEL, TX
WEBB CHAPEL, TEXAS. Webb Chapel is five miles northeast of Groesbeck in east central Limestone County. Itgrew up around a black school and Primitive Baptist church. A school, a church, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The Webb Chapel church and cemetery were all that appeared on maps of the area in the late 1980s.
Walter F. Cotton, History of Negroes of Limestone County from 1860 to 1939 (Mexia, Texas: Chatman and Merriwether, 1939).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WEBB CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw78), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.