WEST DELTA, TX
WEST DELTA, TEXAS. West Delta is on State Highway 24 one mile southwest of Klondike in southwestern Delta County. The little settlement developed as the center of the West Delta School District, established there in 1945. The educational system was formed with the consolidation of the Klondike and Shiloh systems after the Klondike building burned. By 1964 the West Delta School had closed, and only the Wintermute Memorial Hospital and a few scattered homes remained. In 1970 local students attended the Cooper Independent School District. West Delta still appeared on maps in 1984 as a church community.
Paul Garland Hervey, A History of Education in Delta County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1951).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "WEST DELTA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrw79), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.