WILSON, TX (FALLS COUNTY)
WILSON, TEXAS (Falls County). Wilson is a small rural community seven miles southwest of Rosebud on Farm Road 1671 in southern Falls County. In 1905 the local school had 108 students and two teachers. Two businesses, a school, and several scattered houses marked the town on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The Wilson school was consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District in 1954. Two businesses appeared on maps of the area in the late 1980s, but no population estimates for the community were available. The population was forty-two in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WILSON, TX (FALLS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwdm), accessed November 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.