WESLEY CHAPEL, TX
WESLEY CHAPEL, TEXAS. Wesley Chapel was just off Farm Road 229 six miles northwest of Crockett in west central Houston County. It was settled after the Civil War. A school began operating before 1897, when it had an enrollment of fifty-four. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, the school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with Crockett school, and by the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
Houston County Cemeteries (Crockett, Texas: Houston County Historical Commission, 1977; 3d ed. 1987).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WESLEY CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwnh), accessed November 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.