WALLACE CHAPEL, TX
WALLACE CHAPEL, TEXAS. Wallace Chapel, a rural community eleven miles north of Gilmer off U.S. Highway 271 in north central Upshur County, was settled sometime before 1900 around a church. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and number of houses. The school was closed after World War II, and in the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WALLACE CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwnn), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.