WALNUT CREEK, TX
WALNUT CREEK, TEXAS. Walnut Creek was off Farm Road 2636 seven miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. The site was settled prior to 1880. A school was in operation by 1906, when it had an enrollment of eighty-five. In the 1930s the community had a Methodist church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school closed, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WALNUT CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwss), accessed July 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.