WHITESVILLE, TEXAS. Whitesville was a rural community eight miles northeast of Lovelady in southern Houston County. It was established in the mid-1890s, and a post office operated there from 1902 to 1906. At its height around 1900 the small settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it no longer appeared on highway maps. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "WHITESVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwvt), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.