WALDO, TEXAS. Waldo was a small rural community located nine miles northwest of McGregor in western McLennan County. A post office operated from 1892 until 1907; Samuel T. Caldwell was the first postmaster. In 1896 the community had a Methodist and a Baptist church, two general stores, and ninety residents. The community was not labeled on county highway maps in the 1940s, and more recent population information was not available.
Dayton Kelley, ed., The Handbook of Waco and McLennan County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1972). William Robert Poage, McLennan County Before 1980 (Waco: Texian, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "WALDO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrwxc), accessed December 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.