YESNER, TEXAS. Yesner was a farming community in south central Hopkins County four miles northwest of Reilly Springs and a half mile east of the Union church. It was named for Max Yesner, a Sulphur Springs businessman. A post office operated from 1901 until 1906; Charles J. Hamrick was the first postmaster and suggested the name. At its height around 1900 Yesner had several stores and a gin. By the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "YESNER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hry02), accessed May 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.