YOUGEEN, TEXAS. Yougeen is on U.S. Highway 181 six miles south of Beeville in south central Bee County. The area was originally granted as part of the McMullen-McGloin colony. In 1911 Eugenia McGloin donated five acres for a railroad station, which she named Yougeen. In 1939 a railroad switch, an amusement house, and a small school were located at Yougeen. As late as the mid-1960s there were still two stores at the site. Since that time most of the residents have moved away, and in 2000 only a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Grace Bauer, "YOUGEEN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hry03), accessed December 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.