YUNO, TEXAS. Yuno was located near Zavalla 8½ miles northwest of Rockland in eastern Angelina County. A post office opened in 1892, and by 1896 the settlement had a general store operated by Colin M. Barge and a gristmill and cotton gin owned by J. K. Cuyer. The post office was discontinued in 1907, and by the mid-1930s only a few scattered houses remained.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).