CAMEY SPUR, TX
CAMEY SPUR, TEXAS. Camey Spur (Camey) was on State Highway 121 sixteen miles southeast of Denton in southeastern Denton County. It was established about 1852 and named for Capt. William McKamy. For a time it served as a spur on the St. Louis-San Francisco Railway. A post office operated in Camey Spur from 1913 through 1925. In 1914 the community had a cotton gin, two general stores, and a population of thirty. It had two businesses and a population of forty-seven during the 1930s and 1940s, after which no population statistics were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "CAMEY SPUR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htc01), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.