CONOLEY, TEXAS. Conoley was on Farm Road 486 four miles southeast of Thorndale in southwestern Milam County. It was named for Malcolm Campbell Conoley, a Presbyterian minister who came to the area in 1859. The community became a voting precinct in 1875. A church, a school, and a few scattered houses marked its location on county highway maps in 1941. The school was consolidated with the Thorndale Independent School District in 1946. Only the church and a cemetery appeared in 1988.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956). Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).