ISER, TEXAS. Iser was on the Southern Pacific line thirty-six miles northwest of Sierra Blanca and two miles north of Acala in southwestern Hudspeth County. It was founded before 1910, when a post office was established; Conde L. Raguet was postmaster. At that time the area had several widely dispersed ranches. The post office closed in 1918, and Iser became little more than a stop on the railroad. In 1940 its population was less than twenty-five, and by the mid-1960s it no longer appeared on maps of the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Martin Donell Kohout, "ISER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hti02), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.