LA SALLE, TX (LIMESTONE COUNTY)
LA SALLE, TEXAS (Limestone County). La Salle, on Farm Road 1953 seven miles east of Groesbeck in eastern Limestone County, was settled in the 1840s. A post office was established there in 1894 with Joseph Robert Goodrich as postmaster. In 1896 the community had three churches, a corn mill and gin, a general store, and fifty residents. The Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway bypassed the town by three miles in 1906. When its post office was discontinued in 1908, mail for La Salle was sent to Mexia. La Salle reported a population of seventy-two in the early 1930s, dropping to twenty by the early 1940s. A church, a school, and a number of residences marked La Salle on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The community's school was consolidated with the Groesbeck Independent School District in 1949. By the 1980s only the church and a cemetery remained at the site.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).