LEYENDECKER, TEXAS. Leyendecker was a ranching community on Ranch Road 1472 eight miles northwest of Laredo in southwestern Webb County. The settlement developed on a siding on the Rio Grande and Eagle Pass Railroad and was named for John Z. Leyendecker, early postmaster of Laredo, who moved to the section in 1847. In the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LEYENDECKER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htl11), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.