LILLIE, TEXAS. Lillie (Lilly), 2½ miles west of the intersection of U.S. Highway 83 and the Salt Fork of the Red River in central Collingsworth County, was centered around a grade school during the early 1900s. A post office, established in the fall of 1905, remained in operation until May 1910. The county highway map of 1936 shows the community but does not indicate the existence of a school. At that time the community was a station on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. By 1971 the community was no longer listed on the county map, but the name Lillie has been attached to a church 2½ miles to the southwest, on Farm Road 2344. The land on which the unorganized village was located was once part of the Rocking Chair Ranch.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "LILLIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htl14), accessed March 07, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.