NORFOLK, TEXAS. Norfolk was ten miles north of Carlisle, east of Overton, and south of Sexton City in northwestern Rusk County. Its site is now marked by a railroad marker embedded in the Missouri Pacific spur to Henderson. The Norfolk post office opened in 1892 with Ida Eaton as postmaster. The office was discontinued in 1903, when mail was sent to Overton. Norfolk reported a population of twenty during the 1930s and 1940s, when it also had one business. After 1948 no further population statistics were available.
Kilgore News Herald, July 16, 1972.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "NORFOLK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htn08), accessed July 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.