OGG, TEXAS. Ogg, on U.S. Highway 87 in south central Randall County, is a switch on the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway. In 1893 a community school was established nearby and called Ralph, after the settler who had donated the land for it. Joseph H. Black, whose father settled in the vicinity in 1890, recalled that his first days of schooling were at Ralph Switch, as it was often known. The community had a general store from 1915 to 1920. In the early 1980s the Ogg Grain Company elevator and loading facilities dominated the site. County maps in the 1980s showed the site with the name Ralph instead of Ogg. No population was reported under either name and there was no post office.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "OGG, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hto04), accessed October 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.