PEDIGO, TEXAS. Pedigo is two miles northwest of Town Bluff in east central Tyler County. It was named for the Pedigo family, which raised cotton in the rich Neches River bottomlands in the area. The community was formed in 1902 around a post office that was opened at the Pedigo home and run by early postmistress Dora Pedigo. The Pedigo post office was listed through the 1930s, after which mail was received through Woodville. In 1925 Pedigo had a population of 150. By 1945 the population had dropped to fifty. During the 1930s and 1940s the community listed one business. A population of fifty was listed up through the 1960s, but Pedigo disappeared from the Texas Almanac lists during the 1970s. The State Highway Department in 1985 listed Pedigo as a cemetery only.
It's Dogwood Time in Tyler County (Woodville, Texas), 1955, 1962.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "PEDIGO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htp05), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.