PISGAH, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
PISGAH, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Pisgah, a rural community on Farm Road 1878, ten miles northeast of Nacogdoches in northeastern Nacogdoches, was established before 1900 and named for the biblical Pisgah. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of sixteen. During the mid-1930s Pisgah had a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PISGAH, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htp14), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.